Are you a small to medium-sized business (SMB)?
If so, then there is a good chance you are utilizing accounting software like QuickBooks, Simply Accounting/Sage50, Accpac and others and are very happy with it. It has served your needs for years and as your business grew, your accountant kept everything organized, giving you all the reports you needed. But then your business grew to a point where you were starting to make mistakes.
ERP companies always have the best of intentions, but it will be helpful for you to know the following:
- You are taking your company to a new level of operations.
- Chances are there are many different software’s managing different parts of you business and its causing issues. It is difficult to keep everything in sequence. Each department has their own spread sheets, inventory software, etc. You name it, they’ve created it.
- With an ERP installation, everyone needs to work in harmony together on a single platform, to manufacture a product faster, cheaper, with zero mistakes to the customer. It’s a beautiful thing when its working and the profit margins are terrific, but the transition from the former to the latter is the difficult part.
Here are the 6 Challenges.
1) Looking for the perfect software
2) Commitment from owners and managers
3) Dedication to System training.
4) The huge effort put into the cleansing your legacy data
5) Lack of proper budgeting of both money and time commitment.
6) Change management
Given these problems, is it still worth it?
We sure think so and companies will put together a Business Case to justify an implementation. For more information contact us today.